Wednesday 20 January 2010

Anglian Water and Pitsford Opening dates

I have heard a number of people asking about when the Anglian waters are opening this year. So here are the dates:

Ravensthorpe - 27th February 2010. A bit cold for me but there can be some nice days.

Pitsford - 12th March 2010. Still really a bit early but I don't suppose i'll be able to help myself

Grafham - 19th March 2010. There were plenty of fish around at the end of last year and mixed with some stockies it could be a good start.

Rutland - 1st April 2010. Now that's more like it! I might even get a trip off the bank around this time.

Hope your appetite is suitable whetted now! Theres still loads of flies to be tied and tackle to be sorted!!

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if anglian water really did put the amount of fish in they say they do. I've watched them stock pitsford. 19 went in off the causeway. that was it..
    there stocking policy is a complete fabrication.
    Hence i have stopped attending any of the 4 waters. And would highly recomend Eyebrook. There is allways plenty of fish there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you feel like that. I have seen nathan add up the returns at the end of the week so don't neccessarily agree with the fabrication. I have also managed to work with AW to take the returns from 2 something a rod to 3 something a rod in the last few years at Pitsford. There are plenty of other waters around as competition so i guess it is incumbant to keep improving what they offer.

    ReplyDelete