Friday 26 August 2011

At long last

Yes at long last i have been out again. I seem to have lost interest for a while but i really enjoyed a nice evening boat on Pitsford this week.

I was meeting Matt at half past 5 and turned up early before the lodge closed and to get the boat kitted out ready so we could use the most time available fishing. The water was a little low but coming up i believe as I had a walk around I quite liked this photo of the iconic dragonfly.

As Matt arrived we headed straight for the pines and the rods had been set up with golden Graham tubes and di7's - nothing subtle then. I turned the boat in and faffed about get the boat set up while Matt cast out. It wasn't a minute and bang he was in.

After a tough fight behind the boat he landed great fit 3 and a half pond peak condition rainbow. What a start!

I managed a fish on the next drift and then Matt another on the following one. However from here it went quiet. The wind calmed down and a shower of rain seemed to divert the fish to something else. We came up in the water a little but as we motored home I saw 8/10 fish boil on the top so maybe not as high up as we needed to.

However with a few cracking fish, great company, a awesome sunset in the background and a pint in the swan after it was was summer evenings were made for!

Must do that again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment