Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mike Martin Passes away

I was sorry to hear that Mike Martin passed away yesterday. I think recently he was a big force in the Northampton Branch of the fly dressers Guild who met at the Cardigan Arms in Moulton, but hadn't seen him for a while.

Mike worked for many years at Barclaycard and I remember a good number of fishing chats in the Greyfriars house office when he was working with the early PDQ terminals.

A number of years ago I fished quite often with Mike especially in the Barclaycard North team in the Barclays National. One that sticks in my mind was that we were fishing together at Pitsford and while he wouldn't stop fishing the dry fly he did have 4 fish up one end of the boat while i was fishing with a Black dog nobbler and had 7 at the other end. A strange combination but with us and the other boat we managed to win that year.

Fondly remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment