Monday 2 October 2017

Grayling on the Dee

A nice easy drive from Cheshire across to Llangollen this morning got me in a relaxed mood. As we started fishing though it seemed as though it was going to be tough with no fish rising. I managed to tempt this lovely Grayling on a black klink. As is usual it took out of the blue as i was watching 3 canoes come past politely on the far bank. I did think that they might have pushed the fish over to my side and was hoping a few more would come down.
Phil was having the best of the fishing though and persevered to land a few including this nice one.
There was still not much moving and the river was running high making wading difficult. I was struggling to get across to the middle where the better fish seemed to be so i decided to stay on the bank and keep moving along the beat. I changed to a ballon caddis as there were a few about being blown out of the bushes. I managed 4 small grayling from the currents off the reeds and bushes close to the edge. They were not big but very entertaining. After meeting a few for Phil i went back and as i knew what i was doing this time i managed 6 including a brownie on the last day of the season. A great finish to the year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment