Monday 4 May 2009

Phil Cross wins the MNTFA Jim Collins Trophy

Yes!! What a result!!!!!

A poor fishing weekend for me. Every time I went to look at Pitsford it has been blowing a gale. Sunday morning I did fish off the Gorse bank, Pig Stream and Stilton point and although I knew there were good bags taken on Saturday it didn't feel as though it was going to work for me. I went to look at the small half but in the end thought a walk would do me more good so walked around the small half.

I am pleased I didn't go to Grafham with the Mid Northants as it seemed like a tough day with an average of less than 2 a rod. I may have threw Phil off course as he managed to take 1st place with six fish on the trusted orange pea just outside Gaynes Cove. He pipped Barry Jones into second place who also manged to catch the biggest fish of the day, around three pound.

This is Phil's first win after narrowly being beaten at Elinor last year by Richard Slater.

Very impressive!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: