Sunday 9 August 2009

The Ashes alternative

I had thought I would watch some of the 4th test yesterday and today but I just couldn't bring myself too watch the humiliation. never mind, a bit like fishing "you never know what's coming next" While the Aussies were finishing off I was on a single manned boat sitting in bright sun and flat calm at the Dam.

You may think that this was as bad as England's performance but no there were fish up and looking, well near the dam anyway and when your catching it keeps you busy.

My set up was a slow glass with orange booby on the point, daddy long legs and daiwl bach on the top. Pulling at a decent speed I had quite a few fish that chased me but did not sick. I did manage one on the booby and one on the daddy though and at the time was doing well.

Then there were a number of boats coming round looking to anchor so I thought I would get in first and stuck the pick down next to another boat that had done that a few minutes earlier and was already bending into fish. I then spent the next hour with nothing. It was only when I heard the say they were on buzzers that I thought I would change too. I left the booby and added to orange cheeked buzzers and the takes started. I had slowed down the retrieve and the takes were classic nymph takes as the line just moved away.

5 fish for a mornings fishing and I was really pleased, so rather than overdoing it I headed back just as the wind got up slightly to to some jobs at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment