Sunday 4 July 2010

Just coming on as I leave

The football seems to have got in the way of the fishing recently and now England are out and it doesn't matter too much I seem to be enjoying it more!

It started very bright and windy this morning and as I was determined to go I thought Ravensthorpe would stand the best chance of a fish.

I expected all the boats to be taken but there were a few left when I arrived so quickly grabbed one. I'm not a great lover of single manned boats but happy for the peace and quiet. I started on the drift, di5 and blobs - no boobies on ravensthorpe. The water was a little coloured so thought if there sulking near the botton then this might be a chance, however it was very quiet and after 5/6 drifts I hadn't even had a pull so the anchor it was.

My choices went well and not long after I settled into the cotton end tunnel I had a fish on a damsel. The wind was squalling and the boat swinging around, it was difficult to keep in control but really more annoying. Unfortunately it didn't get any better and had a move to the end of the willows about 100 yards off the two platforms. This felt better but after half an hour I was itching to move. Having looked around all the boats were moving and no one was catching so I thought I would hold on where I was. It wasn't long before the cloud started to roll in and this made all the difference and I saw my first fish on top. There were a few green buzzers hatching now and I suppose the fish could start to look up without being blinded.

I kept my damsel on the point and added a green daiwl bach to my top dropper and that seemed to be the catalyst. A couple of casts later I was into another fish, they were not big, maybe 1lb 8oz or so but there wasn't anyone else catching so good enough for me. A bankie popped onto the platform and caught 2 in the next 15 minutes they must just be coming on! I managed one more and then my half day boat time was up just as they were coming on for the afternoon. Never mind no fish to gut as they were all returned so i'll go and settle in to see Nadal win!

No comments:

Post a Comment