Wednesday 15 June 2011

A quick chuck before it chucked down

It was chucking it down in Coventry as I left work so I rung phil and left it open as to whether i would be on Pitsford this evening although he was keen. When i got home though it had brightened up. With a warm gentle wind - why not!

As I arrived on North Farm Shore Phil was into one already and my confidence shot up. It's surprising how long it takes you to set up when you want to get fishing quick.

Phil didn't help either with "just had another take", "ooh just had another" "yeah got one on". I decided to to go along to the next point as I don't like fishing in peoples pockets and settled into nymphing a team of hares ears and buzzers. It must have been 15 minutes without a take when i changes to a hares ear booby on the point and just that lifting the depth made a difference and I was into a nice stockie on the sugar cube hares ear.

Another couple followed in half hour and it was good sport, Phil was still catching well too. For me they were on flashy buzzers but i was convinced it was the booby on the point as a washing line that was the key.

Over my shoulder we could see the big black cloud arriving. Would it miss us? No unfortunately not and it chucked down. After a good natter sitting on the back of the car sheltering under the boot, it looked as though it was settling in for a while so it was off home for an early night.

Back to normality after Grafham. Very pleasant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment