Tuesday 21 June 2011

Wet fly and windy

A Pitsford morning boat today and I was convinced it was going to be a wet fly day and tackled up accordingly. Overcast, the rain missing us, loads of fish around, Phil with 2 already, feeding well in the evenings, it was all set up for a disaster.

We decided to head away from the fish we new off north farm and go and find those of the dam and creek. I had forgotten how long it takes to get there! First drift off the tower and it felt horrible. Windy, cold, very gusty and it seemed to get stronger as the morning went on. We drifted all around the creek, the pines and the dam and didn't have a single offer. They were not on top then!!

Ahh well I had better change then and out came the Di5 and blobs and boobies. I managed to move a couple of fish but they weren't really interested. Perhaps they had been feeding so well at night that they didn't need too. I could feel a repeat of Grafham coming on so we thought we would see if we could salvage the day and and anchored in North farm bay on nymphs including green buzzers, crunchers and daiwl bachs.

It wasn't long and Mike had the first on a green buzzer deep, whew, that feels better. Just as my negativity was showing through my line went tight and I was into a nice 3 pounder. Mike then had a second which was a brownie nearly 4 pound. Smiling like cheshire cats we had rescued a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment