Friday 24 July 2009

Gravels and an early night

It was a bit windier that I really wanted but had set my mind on fishing so to the hell with it i'll just sit on the bank and relax if it's no good.

I turned up on the gravels and allegedly it was fishing best off the point into North Farm bay but I spotted Martin Nelson off the New Gorse and thought I would start there. You can't tell it's Martin but he is nicely silhouetted against the sun.
I started on dries but quickly changed as there were no fish rising and put on the midge tip with a gold head damsel and a daiwl bach. The rod felt like casting a broom handle compared to the 5 weight but I soon got used to it and was pushing a decent line out.

I had my mind elsewhere, half on the sunset and half on what i had outstanding when I finished work and seemed to be on fishing auto pilot pulling back my gold head. A couple of light thumps and I lifted into what I thought was weed but no my lift was halted and a nice 2 pounder headed out to sea. I had one more fish on but it was soon off and I was left holding a slack line.

It wasn't a rewarding evening and after a couple of hours thought I would head home for an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment