Saturday 14 February 2009

Elimators and tickets

I have just sent off my entry for this years England eliminators and the Midlands heats are to be held on 10th May at Rutland, 21st June at Grafham. The National Final if I make it is on 19th September at Rutland. They are all fairly local this year however the Midland heats must be one of the toughest routes. I have made it through these into the National Final three times now and it is extremely rewarding when you do.

It has been a good number of years now since I competed so I don't expect to make it through this year but you have got to start again somewhere. I feel it has been a while since I have done any serious competition fishing so looking for this year as an introduction to make sure I know the ropes have the gear etc. There you go got the excuses in early!

I was reading my AWA letter today reminding me that season tickets can be purchased after 21st Feb. Looks as though all prices have been held for this year with starter at 199, economy 349, green 459, blue 419, silver 549 and gold 709. Loyalty discounts are 25 for renewal and 50 for upgrade. I was going to go for the economy this year again but I already know of 5 competitions so think I will retain the catch and release blue ticket with my 8 nominated days.Opening dates this season are 28th Feb at Ravensthorpe, 7th March at Pitsford, 14th March Grafham and 1st April at Rutland. Think I will get my ticket early and then fish Ravensthorpe once or twice before Pitsford opens. Lets hope it warms up quickly as I am getting fed up of getting around in the snow and certainly don't fancy fishing when it's this cold. And certainly not with Pitsford looking like this:



They still haven't opened the gates to the car park due to health and safety you know! Worried about cars getting stuck. The crazy thing is that cars are all parked on the Dam and twice as likely to cause an accident but this isn't there responsibility so who cares? Rules gone mad!!! I did manage to find a nice photo across the fields and up the narrows - a bit white though!


The shops and offices are open from 8am this year and on Monday, Tues and wed they have bought the evening boat latest time out till 8.30pm. I was going to have few more boats this year but will take care on which days at which time of year. Hooked will out in Mid Feb! The shop was open today but they haven't got a great lot of stock yet and should be better for next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment