Sunday 22 March 2009

Fathering Saturday

My thought process this weekend was Mothering Sunday and the family is round for dinner so I had better get out on Saturday and see what's happening. If it's good I might come back on Sunday, if not I'll do the right thing.

We when i turned up on Saturday lunchtime I think all the blokes had had the same thought and the place was heaving. On my way back I counted 40 cars and there must have been more. Perhaps I should have gone on Sunday then and it would have been empty? As it was, this felt like Fathering Saturday!

The weather seems to be changing this week, the wind is picking up, getting cooler and the fish for some reason were switched off. I fished off the Gorse Bank for a couple of hours and neither i or the other couple of blokes around me had a fish. If a floater with a small black and green lure on the point and my favourite early season buzzer on the dropper won't entice them then nothing will!

Seamus Halliday turned up just before I left and it seemed that there were a few fish being caught of Sailing Club Bank. Earlier in the season, westerly wind, only place fishing Sailing club, I should have known better!! must remember next time.

Never mind it's not all about fish. It was a glorious day with the sun on your back, just out of the wind it felt great. A Reed Bunting was flitting around the Willow bush, Skylarks behind me and Graylag and Canada Geese disturbing the peace as they kept moving from the water to the Field behind and vice versa. When i arrived the old boy next the gorse was was laid back eating his lunch, "might even have a kip in a minute too" he said as I passed the time of day, relaxing, Aaaah!

As I stood in the middle of the Gorse bank looking down the Reservoir to the Sailing Club I suddenly thought of Bev Perkins and that he had asked for a bench in his honour to be put on the Gorse Bank for fishermen. I walked down a bit and took this picture and half way up the left hand side side of the photo would be a great spot. Out of back cast range but you get a great view across to Stone Barn bay and also all the way past Brixworth Bay to the Sailing club. Nice Spot!

I guess it will be all work again for me this week but I am looking forward to next weekend as we have the MNTFA Bank match on Sunday and as we put the clocks forward it opens up the evening fishing for after work. Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment