Thursday 12 March 2009

New Gorse revistited

Wed 11th March

10.30 and the wind was perfect today gentle and coming left to right and off the bank. There were already half a dozen anglers there but managed to get in by the gap in the gorse. Right, bag up then!


But no, it's not quite that simple. The fish weren't quite so predictable in running up and down and they had gone out a bit. I had lots of takes but they didn't stick. I think this was because they were cruising and then snapping at the fly from all angles. Had a good chat to Pat Flynn reminiscing about some of the older fishermen and it was a very pleasant morning to be out, beats work!


My best approach was to cast try and imitate the whip round as if the wind was stronger and I managed to return two before I had to attend the first beginners course.

First Pitsford beginners course of the year and I tied up a daiwl bach and a green pea-funnily enough. Peter Hartley and Mike Philpott had them suitably enthused although they didn't catch any fish today, Mike managed to put out a long line and picked up two.

No comments:

Post a Comment