Sunday 15 March 2009

Mid Northants Pitsford Litter Pickers

Yes it's a dirty job but someone has to do it!


It was a lovely day today 15th March probably the best of the year so far although it did go a little cooler later. The Mid Northants annual litter pick was a great excuse to get out for a walk, do some fishing and put something back into the facility. I say put something back but really I suppose I mean take things away. We collected around 15 sacks of litter mainly I would say coming from the cyclists and walkers that are constantly around the track however they can't take all the blame as there were plenty of lunch wrappers, fishing hats, bailers, Spinners, line, tackle packaging and even a box of flies. Well I guess in a big wind it's surprising what goes over the side of a boat.
It is at least better and more improved for us being there so thanks for all those that turned out and for Anglian Water supplying the gloves and bags and collecting the final bags up.
The fishing was not great today the wind had turned around and for some reason the fish were not too obliging. We all headed for the North Farm Shore but as the wind was coming straight in it was not easy to get a cast out especially with these 40 plus lines where I find that they blow back at you. Probably more disheartening than anything else but the fly doesn't turn over properly. When I left, Ash Cooper was the only one to have caught and he had had a couple.
He seemed grateful that I was leaving and reminded me that the last time we fished together and i left early to go home for lunch he had a massive rainbow shortly afterwards. I'll have to give him a ring and find out how he did this time!
I have had a great week this week, loads of fishing. But everything has to come to an end and it is back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment