Sunday 13 March 2011

Fingers and thumbs

I was planning to go to Ravensthorpe today but the poor weather meant I didn't get going as early as I wanted too so I ended up with an hour before the beginners course at Pitsford so opted to try Bog Bay.

The wind was nice and was coming more off the bank than it was going right to left. I started on Stilton point but it was blowing down the reservoir and a bit coloured here. I worked my way into the bay without success so decided on a walk to the other side of the bay at the end of Duffers Reach. The black and green was not working too well so with about 10 minutes to go I put on the orange still on the Di3 and slowed it down with a slow figure of 8. I didn't take long for my fingers to be hurting and obviously needed to get some practice in and build them up again.

It was just what was needed though and the takes started, I thought they were bottom at first but then when a fish was on I realised differently. A nice 2 pounder was safely returned but unfortunately I had run out of time and headed back to the lodge.

While thinking about my fingers hurting my thumb is painful today as you can see.

I never thought yesterday but this is the damage one of the brownies did to my thumb as I was un hooking it. I did feel the needle sharp teeth and took a second look to see if it was a Ferrox but no just a mean predator getting it's own back!

No comments:

Post a Comment