Monday 14 March 2011

Sunrise again

Today was another early start and it was great to see the sunrise over Kingsthorpe and bright skies but on the down side it did mean a frost and the car was showing minus 4 as i drove over to Pitsford.

Steve, Mike and Phil all joined the early start from the Pines this morning but the fish weren't feeding quite the same. There were a few rising but they were further out. I was casting out as far as I could and also slowed down the retrieve down to try and entice them on. Just after 7 it worked and my first rainbow was in the net. There seemed to be a shoal coming past but it seemed a little lethargic and not quite as big as it was.

I persevered and managed another 3 before 8am but it was then very quiet for me. Mike continued with his intermediate and orange booby and seemed to find the depth for a while and caught a nice few fish. I headed off for a cup of tea at my dads with all good intentions to return.

I sat on the causeway and the wind had changed and was coming of North farm shore and blowing into bog bay. With a load of cars off Stone barn I decided not to join the crowd and headed off for a lazy afternoon watching the cricket.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the postings, it's great to hear where's good and what they're taking!

    ReplyDelete