Friday 11 March 2011

Opening day casting practice

It was pitsford opening day today and as I turned up on the Pines this morning hopes were running high. I worked my way from Rigby's point towards table bay and the wind was light as just pushing off the bank, it felt great. As I got closer to Table bay a few people had caught fish, 5 here 4 there and one guy with 6 so I settled in here.

We were using the usual stuff with black and green or orange boobies on a di 3 and medium retrieve. Unfortunately the wind started to pick up and the fish switched off, I persevered till around 11 and then gave up. After a drive along the gravels and North Farm Bay it was the same story as others had failed to catch. Hopefully they switched on in the afternoon.

I managed some good casting practice so decided to call it a day, bank the knowledge and come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment