Thursday 11 June 2009

Ravensthorpe stockies

Arrived at Ravensthorpe and it was a nice evening, the sun was out but a brisk wind blowing onto the dam. I fished all down the platforms with a nice left to right wind but no success and never even found a fish.

The sun was starting to set as the last boat came in with Pat Flynn and I thought I'd walk round and see what they had done and maybe head off. They had had fish but not too many but did make the comment that they had stocked today and should be fishing the Dam.
Worth a try I thought, why not!
The wind was blowing in so I changed the nymph set up to a single gold head damsel on the midge tip. After 10 mins of a slow figure of eight there was nothing but the minute I started to pull fast, bang I was into a fish.

Looking into a nice sunset in front it was a pleasure to be out. The fishing was not clever but it was great to be getting takes and fish. I manged to return 5 before the takes started to dry up and the owls started to hoot to each other from different areas of the lake.
As lovely as it is to be fishing Ravensthorpe on a pleasant evening with the sun going down, it's always better when there are 350 stockies in front of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment