Thursday 25 June 2009

Unsettled

No not the weather, me!
I thought it would be a nice evening, it had been a warm day but that wind was around. I agreed to meet Phil on Rigby's point and had been fishing for 15 mins when he arrived but it didn't seem right. The wind was coming in towards the point, there were no wind lanes and it felt uncomfortable. I thought I would make way for Phil and headed off to sailing club bay where I knew Chad, Grant and Roy had managed to catch a load last week on Daiwl Bachs. The wind would certainly be more comfortable there.
I started in Sailing club bay but with no fish moving it wasn't long before I had worked myself along the straight, into Brixworth Bay and back again. That was it i had had enough sat on the bank and waited for conditions to change.
By this time I was convinced that wind wasn't going to drop. There were a few sedges and buzzers about but not many on the water. It didn't seem the fish were feeding either. A guy turned up and fished next to me now so this got my motivation going again. I saw one fish rise and convinced myself that the fish were there but not feeding so as it started to get dark I put a green pea on the point and pulled a little faster and for my efforts a passing fish must have thought it looked tasty and I was into my only fish of the evening. It fought well and had saved a blank evening and just as I kept taking a photo in the net it livened up. Returned to the water he swam off to feed another day.

Just as I was leaving Phil gave me a call and he had had one on a dry but lost it and fish at the death had been rising around his feet. Sounds like he had a frustrating evening too but more lively at the end than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment