Saturday 18 April 2009

Malcolm Eade dies suddenly

I was on the dam at Ravensthorpe and was saddened to hear that Malcolm had died suddenly this week. I understand of natural causes, in the bath, a bronchial attack.

He gave an enormous amount to the Mid Northants. When I started fishing he was competition secretary and as far as I was concerned he was the Mid Northants. He run this in his very effective own way and had a great audience as the club was in it's hey day.

When I joined the Mid Northants committee he had moved to the secretaries role and also put many years of service into run this. Unfortunately though he did have a falling out with the club that he never forgot. He wanted to be Chairman but was beaten by only a few votes at the AGM and with this resigned from the committee and other petty acts he could find. The one that affected me was that i took over as secretary and he refused to hand over any paperwork. It was such a shame and I don 't believe his talents have been used since. These days we would welcome people who had such ambition and leadership.

I never really fished with Malcolm but he took a large number of fish from Pitsford every year and even last week he was mentioned in the Anglian water reports for another great catch and fish.

He will be sadly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment