Wednesday 17 March 2010

Phil bags up again

Yes it was the "Elinor Experts" opportunity to show me how to fish properly again and he has me almost converted to fishing bloodworms.



It was always going to be all or nothing for me but thought I would have a relaxing day and enjoy it any way. To help my feet I took my boat box with me and fitted in a dream with all the other old boys sitting down and fishing. They do feel better for not being in cold water all day!

It all started ominously when we hadn't hadn't had a pull I decided to go back to the car and while I was gone Phil had one on a buzzer. With nothing else doing we moved up to the top end and fished the bank next to the canal. There were a few catching but only in key positions on the point or in the bay.

Still fishless at 2pm I knew it was going to be one of those days so sod it! I went for a walk around Titchmarsh reserve to take my mind off it. When I returned though Phil had already banked another 3 on a bloodworm. I could say i didn't believe him but when the guys around started asking for me to leave again if he hadn't caught he must have paid them handsomely.

If the fish were here a different mindset was needed so I went positive and back to my Pitsford technique of a pea and blob. It wasn't too long and I could feel tap, tap, tap and as I left it static off it went. It wasn't big but it saves me from blanking and it was very grateful and soon un-hooked and swimming free again.



Phil managed another and by now the place was emptying - all going home for tea. I'm not if it was me wanting to catch more or Phil feeling sorry for me but we weren't going home yet! The two guys on the point were off and both of us jumped in for a last flurry. Phil had another and lost a few and that was it I had to concede and borrow a bloodworm. It was hardly on the line a couple of casts and I was into my second.

The fish seemed to move off so we decided to call it a night. With the pattern in my mind I'm going to be tying bloodworms later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment