Monday 15 March 2010

Sailing Club Bank

It seemed like a pensioners day out off the Sailing Club Bank, apart from Mark and me. It was a very strong westerly and although it started gently when the wind picked up it was pretty much the only place on the water that was fishing.

Mick foster and Graham were already there when I arrived and in prime position on the point into Brixworth bay. Yesterday with the wind blowing off the bank you could get to the fish from a number of positions but today with a strong right to left it was much more difficult. They finished with about 4 each so it was not too easy.

Phil was next to them and started confident but as the wind increased it became more difficult and decided to go and try North Farm shore without success.

As he left I popped in his place and not long after had one on a di5 and a booby fished slow, but that was it. No other interest or takes was enough for me and I let Grant take over my spot. Mark just started to catch before i left as he took over Grahams spot and had 2 on a damsel on a floater.

This re-affirmed my thoughts that most of the time they are on the bottom but when cruising they are only 6 to 8 foot down.

It was a glorious sunny morning and a pleasure to be out but the weather is not all with us at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment